It is important in coaching to understand a leader’s influence style.
It is a well-accepted leadership theory that a leader’s influence is crucial factor for leader-effectiveness. This attribute also is an important determinant in distinguishing leadership from management. Ministers, doctors, executives, teachers, parents all have the potential to influence those they lead. How much influence a leader has is often determined by how compelling they are and how willing the followers are to engage.
This assessment allows all types of leaders to get a clear picture of the influencing style they prefer. While there is no right or wrong way to influence, when put into positions of leadership we all will have a certain style to which we default. For example, some leaders choose to inspire followers, while others would rather negotiate. It is important to know the style of influence that comes naturally to you because some influencing styles are more effective than others in certain situations. If a leader is defaulting to inspiration when what is needed is negotiation, this can have an adverse effect on how followers respond to them.
Do your clients understand their preferred style of influence? Are they making basic mistakes that keeps them from serving their followers and meeting the needs of those in their organization? This assessment will give your clients a clear picture of what their current influence style is so that you can work with them to be more effective with those under their leadership.
What is the process?
The Influence Style certification is a four step process:
- Complete the mandatory online pre-work modules.
- Schedule your 1-hour certification call.
- Successfully complete your 1-hour certification call with Dr. Scott Livingston.
- Receive access to the Influence Style assessment tool.
When you purchase the Influence Style certification:
- Within (3) business days, you will receive a welcome email from our certification coordinator, as well as an email from Multi-Health Systems giving you instructions for accessing the portal that contains the mandatory pre-work.
- Upon receiving access to the portal, you may begin completing your pre-work. The pre-work for the Influence Style certification will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
- Upon completing your pre-work, you will contact our certification coordinator to schedule your 1-hour certification call with Dr. Scott Livingston.
If you are ready to purchase the Influence Style certification, please click the green "purchase certification" button below. If you have further questions about the Influence Style certification, please click here to contact us and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.